For decades, single-ply roofing has been the roof of choice for people across the country. This wouldn’t be the case if this type of roofing didn’t come with some advantages. These include its durability given that it can last up to 30 years, as well as the fact that you can choose the type of insulation you’d like to use. Additionally, single-ply roofing has a proven track record and history of success so many of our clients feel comfortable sticking with it.
However, just like when dealing with any other roofing job, there are some considerations you have to make first –some dos and don’ts to help you get the most during the design and installation of the roof. To keep the roof in good working condition.
- Before installation commences, ensure that you confirm the roofing site’s characteristics. This includes confirming the site location, the area’s weather conditions, site accessibility, etc. This helps you plan out the roofing project.
- Take time to familiarize yourself with the area’s roofing laws and ordinances. Take a look at the zoning laws and building codes to help ensure you’re always within those laws.
- When it comes to designing the roof, make sure you work with a professional. Even the best materials can’t work when the basic design isn’t up to scratch.
- Be careful to choose the correct color membrane for the area i.e. use darker colors if the heating days in the area exceed the cooling ones and vice versa.
- If the single-ply roof will be spanning wide spaces, ensure you choose a wide membrane to work with.
- The type of substrate you choose plays a role in the roof’s longevity. Always use a hard substrate in places where there will be high foot traffic or in areas that frequently experience hail.
- Do not weld or adhere the edges of the membrane before cleaning. Clean edges weld together more strongly.
- Do not leave gaps between insulation boards when installing the roof.
- Don’t forget to check the seams daily during the installation stage to ensure that they retain their tightness.
Finally, like any other roof, ensure that a roof inspection is carried out by professional roofers at least twice a year to ensure that the roof is in good working condition. These inspections can be more frequent if you live in an area with frequent heavy storms.
If you need a new single-ply roof installed or would like some roofing maintenance or other roofing services in Georgia, don’t hesitate to contact Christian Brothers Roofing. As our customers can attest, we provide excellent, affordable roofing services using quality products. So give us a call today.